We are continuously adding to this list to help answer your questions. If you can't find an answer, please complete the form and we shall get back to you within 24 hours.
What are your shipping costs?Australia & New Zealand:
- Free shipping Australia wide over AUD $75 order.
- $8 for shipping under AUD $75 order.
- $10 shipping New Zealand wide for orders under $200.
- Free shipping New Zealand wide for orders over $200.
Countries outside of Australia & NZ:
- $25 for all orders.
What is Ethi's policy on returns, exchanges, and refunds?
If you do need to return or exchange a full priced item, you can return the item(s) for a refund within 14 days of delivery.
Returned items must be:
- In saleable condition, in their original packaging with all tags still intact;
- Not been worn, damaged or washed;
- The goods are returned within 14 working days from purchase date
- The original invoice as proof of purchase is provided.
- We do not accept "change of mind" returns.
- We do not accept returns of sale items.
- Some intimate items may not be eligible for return for hygiene purposes.
I ordered from a few brands and received packages from each brand individually, why?
Ethi is a marketplace that showcases the best ethical and sustainable brands to you. We operate as a pure marketplace to allow our brands to shine, which also means that when you order from Ethi, that order goes straight to the brand to fulfill and deliver to you. So if you order from three brands as an example, you will receive three packages separately.
This may seem like an inefficient and non-eco-friendly way of doing things but this is actually more a way of reducing carbon-footprint by only delivering on-demand from each of our brands. We also want to connect you to the brands and what better way to connect than to receive your order directly from the brand! We’re also working on ways lower our carbon footprint so watch this space!
How do brands qualify to sell on Ethi?
Brands that sell on Ethi meet at least one or more of our EMPATHY values. Each value has its own criteria that needs to be satisfied in order for it to be identified with the value on Ethi. The values with a high level criteria are as follows:
- Environment: Brands that create products through upcycling, recycling, and optimising their supply chain such as minimised packaging to reduce their carbon footprint. Read our comprehensive article on this value here.
- Material Sustainability: Brands that create products through natural processes or through the use of organic materials. There are a couple of certifications that we look out for, namely the Global Organic Textiles Standards (GOTS) and Organic Content Standards (OCS). Read our comprehensive article on this value here.
- People: Brands that produce their products without the exploitation of workers in any stage of production. Certifications include the World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO) that factories or manufacturers can attain. Read our comprehensive article on this value here.
- Animal-free: Brands that produce products without animal-derived materials at all. Read our comprehensive article on this value here.
- Transparency: Brands that are able to provide as much detail as possible on each step of their supply chain can qualify for this value. Read our comprehensive article on this value here.
- Your Local: Brands that design and produce in their country can qualify for this value. Article on this value coming soon!
How do you ensure that each brand really does meet the EMPATHY values?
We place a lot of trust in the brands that we work with and ask them to provide as much information as possible with justifications of why they would fit any of our EMPATHY values. For particular values such as Material Sustainability, highly reputable certifications such as GOTS and OCS are shining beacons for us. However, for some other values such as Your Local, it may be more difficult to gain a formal certification. At the end of the day, we believe that the more transparent a brand can be, the better, and we’d like to promote this attitude to the marketplace.
The clothing supply chain has become more complex than you can imagine. Whilst the focus on sustainable and ethical has really picked up pace, there is still so much to go in terms of 100% sustainable. Therefore, we need to be realistic and support designers and customers that are trying, but not perfect.
How do your donations work?
Ethi donates $1 from every sale to a cause of your choice at checkout. Currently, Ethi is working with three causes that you can choose from:
- South Sudan School Project - bring education to children in South Sudan.
- The Social Studio - empower refugees through fashion by giving them a creative outlet.
- Trees for the Future - plant trees. Feed families. Change lives.
Ethi will be transferring the proceeds to each of these causes every 6 months, the next of which will be at the end of June. We will be reporting this and information made available publically.
For more information on each of our causes - Click Here
I’m interested in selling on Ethi, how do I get my brand on the marketplace?
We love working with like-minded brands that are in it to do good, and connecting you to shoppers that would truly value your products. Selling on Ethi is straightforward, as long as you can demonstrate that you meet one or more of our EMPATHY values, then we’ll be able to help you setup your store on Ethi.